The database import procedures via Excel or CSV files might be useful in the initialisation stage.
For further information you can access the Help section dedicated to Importing Leads, Customers or Suppliers.
Alternatively you can start to load data right away directly from the system, via the main menu; in fact, you can quickly access the list of your Contacts: Leads, Customers and Suppliers.
Once you access the desired module, the database list concerning the selected module is displayed.
The basic and advanced search tools are in the top bar on the left.
The list/grid action functions, however, are at the top right. These functions may be displayed or not, depending on the data displayed in the module or on the permissions set by the system administrator.
The main action functions are:
New ElementAllows you to enter a new element in the list.
Allows you to export all the displayed data.
Show FavouritesThis allows you to filter the list or grid by displaying only the elements already entered in favourites.
Display ModeThis allows you to switch between list view and grid view or vice versa.
This allows you to filter the list or grid based on the classification elements.
The New Element function is only displayed if the module allows for data input but above all, based on user privileges.
Clicking on the input button will open a new window that allows you to complete the fields regarding the contact.
Once you have completed all the required data you can save them by simply clicking on the green check button at the top right.
While loading/editing a new Lead, Customer or Supplier, the two Customer and Supplier check boxes are particularly important.
- Unless both are checked, the new contact is saved in the Leads.
- If the Customer check box is ticked, the contact is visible in the list of Customers as well.
- If the Supplier check box is ticked, the contact is visible in the list of Suppliers as well.
In fact you can create a Lead contact by ignoring the two check boxes in question, or create a Customer who may also be a Supplier by ticking one or both check boxes.
If the form is particularly complex, the various input fields are divided into several "groups", which can be seen at the top of the form.
In the specific case of Contacts, there are the following groups:
- Main: sets out the main contact data
- Classification: sets out the main Customer Classification data and assignment to one or more agents. The classification profiles in Sales are manageable from the Classification section found in the contacts menu (see the Contacts Classification section).
- Payments: sets out the main configuration parameters for payments (Currency, Price List, Standard discount %, preferred Method of Payment, etc.)
- Shipping: sets out the main shipping configuration parameters (Shipping Method, Port of Dispatch, Alternative Addresses, etc.)
- Notes/Attachments: features note and additional note fields related to the contact.
- Other Fields: shows any additional fields.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org